RESOURCES FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Apple Tree Orchard Daycare is passionate about fun and learning. The educational resources below will educate and entertain your pre-k children for hours. From their earliest years, kids are learning every minute of the day. Everything that happens around them and every interaction is a part of early childhood education and helps our kids start to understand the world around them. As their understanding grows, their experiences become integral to the learning process. Kids learn best when they are having fun.
Fun helps them engage they are able to experience and observe more. There is plenty of research that confirms the importance of play for kids. The baby and toddler years are critical in development and they learn through problem-solving, creating and interacting. Problem-solving can be as simple as rolling an object around an obstacle course or sharing their Lego bricks with playmates.
The Many Benefits of Early Childhood Education
For many children, there is no pre-k education in a traditional early childhood education setting. Only about half of the children in the United States are enrolled in a full-day pre-kindergarten program, and this statistic has not seen significant improvement for more than a decade. But there are many proven benefits to enrolling your child into a more organized and systematic pre-k educational program. Some of those include:
- Socialization and the concept of cooperation - Learning to socialize with members outside of their family is a foundational skill for children to pick up in early childhood education. Without socialization skills, your child will struggle in almost all other areas of their life and their confidence will suffer. Going hand-in-hand with learning, socialization is learning the concept of cooperation. Early childhood education programs are especially important for developing cooperation among first children who don’t have siblings at home whom they must share and work with.
- Love of lifetime learning and understanding the value of education - Through the fun learning activities and environment of a full-day pre-k education program, we can help to instill in children a love of learning. The love of learning encourages them to become effective learners who are enthusiastic about their lessons into elementary, high school, college, and beyond! Not to mention, by demonstrating to your child at such a young age that you prioritize their education, it will foster a sense of the value in embracing a quality education.
- Develop respect, teamwork, and resilience - The fun, although sometimes hectic, environment of a pre-kindergarten educational program is perfect for young children to learn the virtue of respect for others. This respect can be for other children, trustworthy adults outside of the family, belongings, as well as both the immediate and global environment. Resilience is a valuable thing to encourage in young children and it is especially effective when fostered in a consistent, secure, and fair social environment. The aspects of teamwork fit into this as so many of the activities used for learning in early childhood education center on teamwork. Children will learn at an early age how to be more socially attuned and, as scary as it can be to think this far ahead for the parent of a three-year-old, employable.
- Improve concentration skills and patience - Concentration isn’t easy for anyone, especially not young children. Through compassionate early childhood education, we develop the ability to balance a child’s zest for life and energy with the need to listen, follow directions, complete tasks, and participate with the group. Patience is developed through this as well, as the children must learn to wait for their turn when listening to others or working with a group. By enrolling your child in early childhood education, you are going to have more trustworthy adults in their life modeling the virtues of patience to them on a daily basis.
- Build confidence and self-esteem - There is perhaps nothing as critical in all of early childhood education than the development of healthy confidence and self-esteem. A child without these traits will struggle in every aspect of their life, not just education. Positive interactions with other children and teachers will promote a positive and healthy view of themselves so they can approach challenges with confidence.
Early childhood education starts at home but is actualized through taking the extra step of enrolling your child into a full-day pre-kindergarten educational program, like the one we offer here at Apple Tree Orchard. In our dedication to providing the very best for your child, we also have some great educational resources for you as parents to utilize.
Fun helps them engage they are able to experience and observe more. There is plenty of research that confirms the importance of play for kids. The baby and toddler years are critical in development and they learn through problem solving, creating and interacting. Problem solving can be as simple as rolling an object around an obstacle course or sharing their Lego bricks with playmates.
Browse our educational resources for kids below:
This site has sing-a-long songs, sorting and counting games, videos, and more!
Matching games, art activities, animated stories and science experiments are just a few ways kids can learn while having fun on the Highlights for Kids website.
The Cat in the Hat, Sam-I-Am, Horton and the Who’s, and the rest of the Seuss characters welcome you to Seussville, Dr. Seuss’s playground in cyberspace. You can play games, chat with the Cat in the Hat, win prizes, find out about new Dr. Seuss books and CD-ROM’s, and much, much more! What are you waiting for? Let’s play!
There’s lots for you to do in Bear Country! Try the maze to Bigpaw’s Lair – just make sure you don’t wake him up! Sister’s got a secret message for you – can you solve it? Take a tour of the Bears’ Tree House from the cellar all the way up to Brother and Sister’s room. Visit the library or take in a movie. Send an email to Mama, Papa, Sister, or Brother (or the whole family). And don’t forget to check out our brand new Berenstain Bears First Time Books and Berenstain Bears Big Chapter Books!
For more information on the best educational websites for your kids or to learn about our preschool, call us at (402) 827-7537 today.