Pre-K in Papillion: Ensure Your Child’s Kindergarten Readiness
Kindergarten classrooms have a lot more structure than preschool programs, and thus the move to kindergarten is a big step for any child. As a parent you want to make sure you have done everything you can to ensure your child is prepared for that big leap into their next 12 years of formal education. At Apple Tree Orchard Preschool & Childcare, we approach pre-k (pre-kindergarten) the same way we approach all of our early childhood education and daycare services—with a dedication to and understanding of a child’s needs.
Pre-K education is something you may have been hearing about more and more in the news as the benefits of early childhood education specifically intended to prepare children for kindergarten have been found to be of the utmost importance.
Pre-kindergarten programs are not intended to detract from the joys of being a young child; rather, they prepare preschoolers for kindergarten in a fun way that helps them avoid some of the stress that can come with entering a kindergarten program. Early education gets your child comfortable with the structure of the classroom and the process of interacting with peers, but they still get to be in an environment designed for their age group. Giving your child a head start on academics, rule following, and appropriate peer interaction can help them cope with a school environment, averting many struggles and hardships down the line. Interested in learning more about the benefits of pre-k? Read on!
Important Benefits of a Pre-K (Pre-Kindergarten) Program
If you are looking at putting your child into a pre-k program, you probably want to examine the benefits before making a decision. Below are some of the advantages your child will experience after attending pre-k.
- Children who attend pre-kindergarten readiness programs score higher on reading and math tests than children who stay home with parents (Office of the State Superintendent of Education).
- One study suggests that children who attend pre-k are more likely to graduate from high school (Office of the State Superintendent of Education).
- Pre-k participants are more likely to be employed in adulthood, less likely to be arrested for violent crimes, and more likely to earn higher wages.
- Pre-k children gain social and emotional skills.
- Children in kindergarten readiness programs gain self-regulation skills, enhance self-esteem, and develop fine motor skills, things four-year-olds struggle with.
- Kids who completed pre-k education are less likely to repeat a grade or require special education assistance.
- Early education research suggests that pre-k participation can increase the likelihood of a child being ready for honors classes by seventh grade.
The benefits of pre-k are wide-ranging with few drawbacks. Call Apple Tree Orchard to learn more about our pre-k program and to enroll in a high-quality program today!
Emphasis of Our Pre-K
Apple Tree Orchard wants all children in the greater Omaha area to have access to pre-k that will teach them what they need to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. As part of our kindergarten readiness, we emphasize the skills required for kindergarten and encourage further learning while creating an easier transition from pre-k to kindergarten. We focus on academic courses like math, reading, and science. We work on developing the entire brain through creative expression using art and music and teaching about health and wellness through organized games and playtime. Some of the simple skills such as standing in line or being still at a desk are taught, and we introduce them to the concepts of working in groups and individually.
Is Pre-K the Same as Preschool?
Preschool is very similar to pre-k, and in many cases you will find people use these terms interchangeably. After all, they do both refer to early childhood education that happens prior to a child entering kindergarten. However, there are a couple of notable differences between the types of lessons your child will get in preschool versus pre-k schooling. Most notably, the emphasis for preschool is “playful learning” and pre-k specifically engages children in the areas that they will be taught in kindergarten.
Enroll in Pre-K at Apple Tree Orchard Today!
Ready to prepare your child for their first school year in Kindergarten? At Apple Tree Orchard, you will find a pre-k teacher devoted to helping your child get ready for school. Our caregivers understand just how important your child’s education is to you, so we use all available resources to assist in your child’s development and kindergarten readiness.
Reach out to us today to enroll, tour our facility in Papillion, NE, or obtain more information about our pre-k education program.